Thursday, June 4, 2009

Do You Believe in Corners?

I'm speaking of those out of the way places where you would never expect anyone to be hanging out. If your in a corner there is nowhere to go...except out of the corner. I used to hate these corners. I used to look for a quiet little corner to escape the crowd and that blasted "sap the energy right out through the pores in your epidermis" individual that I didn't want to talk to was always already there. Maybe that's why I keep finding Jesus in unexpected little corners. He begins there and works from the bottom up, into more powerful places. Corners have come to be the staple of my journey, and I now love them. I found Jesus tonight in another unexpected little corner of my life.

I played basketball with the guys from town for the first time since I've returned from Shippensburg. After a sadly lopsided day, that not only POWERED its way out the wrong side of bed but managed to land on the wrong foot and add to an extensive stubbed toe collection, I felt more like working on the French Horn....(beats me where I'd even get one).... than playing basketball. Then....that relentless Hound of Heaven showed up in a corner again!

When I walked into the gym. one of the young men that has been coming to play hoops for some time started telling me about his Jesus, and his new found power in Christ and the Holy Spirit. Talk about the proverbial cherry on the mudpie. Yea....I know all about the Balm in Gilead, but I'm talking about a balm in Faith Builders Gym....thats not usually the first place I go to find the Energizer Bunny! I also know about the Berlin Wall, that Reganomics are screwed, and Obama can save us. Its selfish, but I'd love if you would pray for me when you don't feel like it...and pray for Ben as he grows in the power of Christ.