Sunday, February 14, 2010

Five Elixires for Your Soul

On this beautiful Valentines Day I've already spent my time with my "significant other" which happens to be my wonderful cappuccino concoction, better known in the northern regions as "three in one." My wonderful "three in one" lasted about 5 minutes, so here we are...coming at you with a bit of spiked gloom and doom.

If you've been a teacher, you've surely had your students tell you that the stories in their literature book are just plain boring. Maybe your friend declares that he/she hates reading. After reading Corrie Ten Boom's story called, "The Hiding Place" someone told me that they found the story boring. Of course my mind began to turn, which in my case is generally a bad thing it seems:) I have five little elixirs for the soul in store for you today (read sarcasm).

When the stories of the lives of those before us become boring to us, we can know:

1. Our own lives have become our god in our universe

2. We can no longer identify with what God is doing on a wholistic/universal scale.

3. We have watched too many movies (electronic imaging has killed our imagination)

4. We no longer have the ability to "IMAGINE" what God can do in the future.

5. The Bible will have little impact in our lives and it's stories and prophesies will also be boring to us and our children.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]