Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trains, anyone?

I would like to throw a question out to the cosmos that is probably outdated and good for nothing but to be cast out and trodden under the foot of man.

Three styles of diesel locomotives in Victoria...Image via Wikipedia



Whatever happened to trains anyway?

This question was brought to the forefront on the packed highways this past weekend when I was doing some traveling. Getting hopelessly caught up in the hemoglobic masses of tractor and trailers, I felt my frustration thicken to the consistancey of molasses. Creeping along behind the great fossil fuel gluttons, I tried to think of alpine slides or Mayan ziggurats, but even such oddities as those could not stem my frustration. My frustration finally peaked with the aformentioned question, "whatever happened to trains anyway?"
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]