Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow Roller Update and Photophilosphy

School was called off yesterday due to extremely cold windchill temperatures. I was literally having trouble with my nose holes freezing over when I was outside last night. Those of you that live above the Arctic Circle are accustomed to this and I'm sure you've already developed the habit of breathing through your mouth....

Since school was called off I decided to go snow roller hunting in the afternoon. After cruising around in my car for a while I finally found a field with some "ten-ton hussies."

For the sake of my photographer friends, who already know my photo-philosophy, I need to drop my little dig again. Photos are for people that are unable* to have a real experience and people that need help remembering a real experience. Outside of this, photos are a poor excuse for real life. Of course I understand and can appreciate photography as an art form, but as a purist, digital art has never been very impressive to me. Now, my photography friends have already told me that I'm full of mud, but in the mean time I'll be out walking among the Snow Rollers while you look at "freeze dried" versions of them:)

I say all this as a disclaimer to any of the photos I post on this blog. They are artless and embarrassingly poor representations of God's creativity. Enjoy them for what they are...

snow roller 1

snow roller 2

snow roller 3






















* Due to time/space, health, or old age, etc....