Wednesday, September 11, 2013

War is a Business.

Today is 9-11...tragedy and war come to mind.

It is easy to forget that for a few powerful elite war is a business, and human lives are a commodity...much like the auction blocks of the African slave trade.

Christian rhetoric can bother the conscience at times, and I can feel the mold growing on my upper ganglia when I hear Christian language that subconsciously endorses war...

I have no desire to play the stock market, but I do receive daily updates on which stocks are going to be "hot." I subscribed to these updates simply because I teach economics and it gives me some great fodder for discussion.

I received this lead several days before anyone envisioned peace with Syria outside the use of force: 

"It`s your turn to make money on war! It`s the very time to do it!!!
As soon as the military attack Syria, oil prices will rise as well as MONARCHY RESOURCES, INC (M-ONK) share price. Start making dollars on Mon, Sep 9, 2013, get M-ONK shares."

Down right appalling, ridiculous, and contrary to the Kingdom of God!

I was reminded of something I read recently: