Monday, September 26, 2011

Lord have mercy, get the sheriff on the phone!

This is a unique presentation of many of the things I've wondered about for quite some time...we don't have the freedom or luxury to over-react because there ARE young peoples lives at "steak" here.

Its good to simply hit the pause button sometimes and evaluate what we REALLY are doing as educators, and people that sacrifice our lives for such a polarizing institution. If I'm going to cut my heart out and try to make it to the bottom of the proverbial ziggurat, I want to know what I'm accomplishing and why I'm doing it.

It really would be too bad to successfully make the bottom of the ziggurat only to find that the gods of the Aztecs weren't interested in pulsating hearts(or shrink wrapped and vacuum packaged students) after all...