Monday, February 2, 2009

Response to "I know that I don't Know"

One of the things I've come to enjoy more than anything else about blogging is the responses I get from some of my readers. Sometimes its a link to another blog that is relevant, or a news article, or even a reference to a historical event(redundant huh :))I also get personal responses sometimes; its amazing what people read! Only those who know who they are, have the courage to respond usually, and since they are so courageous they often respond directly to me...so I just took my comments off my page. I may post some or part of these responses at times, with permission of course. Here is part of a recent response to, "I know that I don't know."

Again and again I come more and more to realize that knowledge doesn't satisfy the requirements for becoming a son of God in the likeness of the Son of God. Knowledge doesn't redeem me. However, knowing God, living in relationship with Him works redemption in us. Hmm.. this sounds too good in writing. What does knowing God mean for me when I wake up tomorrow and talk with God and then go for breakfast and then work all day? Is this some mystical state of "Knowing God" without regard to the rest of life or does this involve all of what I do? I "know" the answer by way of memory and thought, but I wonder what my experience says. Maybe another way of saying it is that good ideas or desires don't produce a saint, it involves more than that. May Christ continue to work in me, not letting me rest until know him more fully than before.